I have been getting quite behind in updating everyone on how things are progressing. The good news is that things are progressing and it is keeping both Ken and I unbelievably busy. We have overcome a few hurdles and I now have a little more time on my hands. So here is an update from the field:
Ken and I arrived safely in Belize and so did all of our stuff! We setup base operations in Gales Point in a cute little two-story cinderblock and settled in and we have been learning all about
village life in Belize.
Here are a few examples of what we have learned:
- This is where you keep your bananas.
- This is how you make coffee.
- This is how any kind of wiring is done.
- This object should be immediately thrown into the closest lagoon.
- These are the 4 most important items you need before going to bed.
- And finally, we learned to define roles and responsibilities. Ken is in charge of killing all things creepy and crawly and I am in charge of pointing these things out.
Once we settled in we set to work on the building of Leaning Palm Resort.
- We collected building materials.
- We cleared jungle to make room for the bungalows and cleaned the beach.
- We moved footers into place.
- We watched these guys work.
- We made difficult design decisions.
- Ken played with his power tools.
- And we watched the first bungalow go up!
- We are now focusing on the Bar and Grill and doing a little gardening.
We are enjoying the adventure and cannot wait to share Leaning Palm Resort with all of our future guests! It is going to be a very special place!!